The One I have never seen.
With scars I've never touched.
You whose voice I have never heard.
And I hurt.
Because it is frustrating.
When the treasure possessed is intangible.
When shaking hands are held in mid-air.
And the nearest thing to a photograph is Your beating heart framed in hallowed words on leather-bound pages.
Those words are the shadows of Your face.
And I cry because I wasn't there to sit at Your feet.
Or to lay the loved one's ailing form before You.
Or to reach and touch the garment with a trembling hand.
And I wasn't at the wedding.
And I wasn't at the tomb.
And I wasn't covered by the dust that came up from under Your feet as You tread a path through this wasteland called "world".
I follow.
here and now.
But today I wish I could put my footprints in Yours.
This is seriously the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Please write poetry everyday.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your honest and captivating words in such a beautiful composition. Keep writing your reality, friend. Love you tons!
ReplyDelete