Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I've been reminded...

This was grace - short film from Andrew Laparra on Vimeo.

I sat down to read Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience, this morning and she wrote of His grace and how all is really grace, referring to Isaiah 14:24:

"The LORD of hosts has sworn: As I have planned so shall it be, and as I have purposed so shall it stand."


That is His grace after all.
What He has purposed is good.
But there are questions without answers and wounds that haven't quite been bound yet and what do we do with the in-between?

A video was included later in the post, about a husband and wife and their 4 children, one born blind and autistic. Then their mother, diagnosed with stage four breast cancer.

He has purposed and it shall stand.

So they quietly share their life with the world on the web.
Loudly proclaiming the name of Jesus.
Shouting that He is their Rock.

I watched their story, and my heart gave way to more than I had planned this morning.

I saw Him there with them, and He is here with me, and so He is with us. And I think to myself that Immanuel, it's not just a Christmas word.

It's a vocabulary.

Because shouldn't I be living every day, all day expressing this very truth?
In word and deed--that God is here, that He is with us--as this family of six has courageously done? Yes indeed.

I'm thankful for this family today. And praying for them. Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment