Tuesday, July 31, 2012

for when there's a lot of commotion.

this year's pace is rattling me.
Yes, it's August tomorrow.  Which means that tradition we like to call Camp Harvest begins bright and early.  I'll be called "leader" this week which is a funny thing because some days I still think I'm a girl-student with braces and bruised knee-caps.  And honestly, I'm feeling a lot of "less than".

"less than" comes easy when you've been a kid longer than you've been an adult, let me tell you.  Call it feeling less than ready, maybe less than equipped, and it'll always leave you racking your brain wondering where the time's gone.

Today, this last day of July with it's whirlwind of activity, had me caught in the "less than" state of mind.  And for all of my trying, I have barely stumbled through it.  It's been a picture of me in my thin skin and it is not pretty.  When my ugly shows up, it's difficult to tuck it back in.

But He who put me in this skin, not to wear it thin, but for wearing His glory...He met me in all the day's commotion.  And He reminded me that the world isn't meant for wearing or carrying.  He already took care of that.  But it is for treading through on a path only He's laid and to spread the word about what He's done, because stepping lightly through a place like this world won't get you very far and even taking the proverbial "high road" can be really risky business.  Not all roads lead Home.

I'm learning how to give myself and this spinning world with all our "less than" back to the Maker, who is and will always be "more than".  It's not an easy task. I'm incredibly earth-bound, tending to take in too much of the air here, polluted with the temporary, and often forgetting to breathe out the Eternal for those who haven't heard.  But He's set some plans in motion to one day clear the air and restore all of the mess to Himself...my mess too.  I'm grateful for that.

Father God,  set the pace for camp and the coming weeks.  Wrap the days full of You and may we feel the weight of this fullness rather than the weight of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment