this heart of mine will always need a restoration.
from old unceasing expectations
from impossibly high standards
from not quite measuring up
from careless words with good intentions
from not feeling "enough"
witty enough
pretty enough
smart enough
not saying enough...
or saying too much
from the guilt and shame
from my constant awareness of my shortcomings
from being too much of this
but not enough that
from the knowing that I am not and cannot ever be "perfect"
and how much that bothers me.
Be my restoration.
Be what drives me to do what isn't possible without You.
You make me worthy of Your love because of who You are
and you are the only one who can plant rest and grace and beauty inside this heart.
So let your light into the dilapidated, dark corners of this heart of mine so that nothing remains hidden,
and redecorate the walls with pictures of You so that I'll always remember to whom I belong.
May we know deeply that we are Your creation and so,
we are made beautiful and glorious in You.
That is the truth that restores us.
No comments:
Post a Comment