I've been thinking a lot about "better days" and what that means to me.
Does it mean easy days?
Does it mean simple days?
Does it mean my dreams coming true and things making sense and settling into some sweet existence?
I wish they didn't seem to last so long,
These days that seem a bit more complicated.
And honestly, sometimes I find myself wishing God, that you might let me off the hook.
Sometimes I want days where the biggest question is whether I will have one cup of coffee or two on a front porch somewhere with a book and my dog and where my hair can just stay messy.
do those days exist really? I don't know
I do know that all of this, this heart-work, is on purpose.
Because You want the first place.
Because You want me to dwell secure in You alone.
Because You found me.
Because You want me to dwell secure in You alone.
Because You found me.
But oh the waiting....
I want some simpler days.
But will they be the better ones?
Are the better days the simpler ones? the easy ones?
Or are they when I can feel the work of your Potter's hands?
Still, today I struggle a bit, God.
And maybe that is exactly what I need. To struggle.
To be told over and over that You will settle for nothing less than You and me forever,
even if that means the days feel a little longer for awhile.
even if that means the days feel a little longer for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment